Friday, April 20, 2012

Fashion Rx: Your weekly dose of what to wear!

I'm back! Sorry for the slight hiatus, but even this girl needs a little r&r and time to unplug, which has wonderfully given me my inspiration for this column! How many of you are starting to assemble your summer wardrobe, planning for those many beach trips you plan to take? Do you ever get frustrated with all the time lost between changing in and out of your swimsuit? I want to give you a head start on you poolside to barside wear!

The Cure:


We all know that while on vacation just about anything goes (believe me I've just seen it), but that doesn't mean the oversized tee you throw on over your bathing suit looks cute or flattering, enter the tunic. Normally I might pair a tunic with a pair of skinny jeans and platform pumps, but they really are versatile pieces.  For vacation I'd go with either solid white with texture, or a bright patterned print, throw it on over your swimsuit and you'll find that it may be shorter than you might be comfortable with, but keep it's purpose in mind.  To make your legs look long and lean wear wedges instead of flip flops, the shortness of the tunic paired with the leg lengthening effect of the wedge will give you legs for days and you won't be paying for your drinks when you saunter up to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment