Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fantasy Fashion Becomes Reality

In keeping with seventies staples I stumbled across a pair of Derek Lam flatforms that scream splendor.  The violet eelskin (yes I said eelskin) flatform sandal with strappy instep and elastic halter sling back will look amazing with dark denim fit and flares and a white crochet tunic. Justifiably when trying a new trend it's better to go high end right? NOT when high end means spending $590 on a style that may or may not take off.  I guess I will have to save the violet eelskin for another time.

Derek Lam, $590

That said, I do want to give this trend the trial period it deserves, so instead of violet I'm going  green.   The strappy slingback sandal with contrasting canvas platform will bring just the right pop of color to my serendipitous seventies style.  At $156 I can live comfortably with this new fashion gamble.
Antelope, $156

No comments:

Post a Comment